On Week 4 of our C-Lium Lose More, Live More challenge, we were able to meet Ms. Nadine Tengco, resident nutritionist and chef of Biggest Loser Pinoy Edition. I mentioned in my post during that week that she made us a post-workout recovery smoothie, something that we badly needed after our intense crossfit workout earlier that day.
It's actually easy to do as you will only have to blend all of these ingredients:
- 1 papaya, cubed
- 1 large banana
- 1 tablespoon C-Lium Fibre
- 1 tablespoon no-sugar crunchy peanut butter
- 2 cups low-fat milk (or almond milk)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced mint leaves
- 10 grams coco sugar or two sachets of Stevia powder (optional just in case papaya or banana is not sweet)
- Ice cubes
This drink is designed to help the body recuperate after an intense workout. As you can see, it's almost a complete meal as it has carbs (fruits and sugar), protein (milk and peanut butter), and the vitamins (fruits and herbs). It tastes good although you may want to skip the cilantro if you're not too fond of its taste.
I'll feature the non-fattening Cheesy Tex-Mex Nachos in a separate post so stay tuned!
Did you like my post? CLICK THIS to have my posts delivered straight to your email inbox.