I tried it for a few months and it did help me regulate my blood sugar. It also helped me lose those unwanted pounds. Eventually, I got out of the habit of drinking water as I wake up because of the busyness of my mornings. Meanwhile my mother, whom I also forwarded the email to, practiced it up to this day. She was just diagnosed with diabetes in 2006 and already had a mild stroke the year before that. Miraculously, she doesn't drink any maintenance medicines until now and her blood sugar levels are doing okay. I think she's even healthier than me and I'm taking Metformin every single day!
So, I wanted to detoxify that's why I got back to drinking water in the morning. I was also worried because my period hasn't come for 8 months already. I blame myself for not going back to my OB-Gyne for that. Lo and behold, I started to have light menstrual bleeding 2 days ago! I am so relieved because it saved me from inducing my menstrual period once again.
If you're interested in starting the 4 glasses water therapy, here's what you should do:
- Drink 4 glasses of water as soon as you get up in the morning. One glass is around 250 ml of water so that means you should be drinking a liter of water.
- Water should be room temperature.
- Do not brush your teeth, yet. I just gargle with water. I read that the enzymes in the mouth is an important part of this therapy. Besides, you're just going to take in the substance that toothpaste and mouthwash will leave in your mouth when you do that. Nothing should enter your stomach aside from water.
- If you're having a hard time drinking 4 glasses straight, try drinking 2 first then drink the other two after 2 minutes. I also recommend drinking it slowly so you'll not be gulping more air than water.
- Do not eat/drink anything else 1 hour before or after doing the water therapy.
There you have it. Hope you can try it out and share how it benefited you.
Did you like my post? CLICK THIS to have my posts delivered straight to your email inbox.