Fight heat stroke this summer. Here are some things you can do:
- Hydrate. Drink more fluids except alcohol and drinks high in sugar. Water is your best option.
- Stay indoors as much as possible. Turn on the air-conditioner or stay in a place where there's air-conditioning at least during the hot hours (noon till 3PM).
- Don't stay in a closed parked vehicle. Do not leave infants, small children, and pets, too.
- Take cool baths at least twice in the day. I used to put blocks of ice in my pail of water because the water from the pipes can get hot, too.
- Wear light-colored and cotton clothes. Now is the time to wear sleveless tops and skimpy shorts.
- Protect yourself from the sun. Wear sunscreen (at least SPF 15), sunglasses, and a wide-brimmed hat. Always have an umbrella handy.
Did you like my post? CLICK THIS to have my posts delivered straight to your email inbox.