- Lessens risks of having Alzheimer's disease, dementia, gallstone disease, and Parkinson's disease
- Increases short term memory recall
- Painkiller - Helpful in treating headaches and migraine. (Works for me!)
- Lessens risk of Type 2 diabetes
- Reduces risk of cirrhosis of the liver
- Laxative and diuretic - I move my bowels in the morning right after I have coffee, hehehe.
- Antioxidant - It has methylpyridinium which is an anticancer compound
But before you even go on a coffee drinking spree, remember that too much coffee isn't also advisable. I once had "coffee jitters" from too much Cafe Americano and I had to step on and off a sturdy step stool to wear it off! Not only does too much coffee affect the nervous system but also increases the risk of hypertension and iron deficiency anemia.
Are you a coffee drinker, too? How has it helped you, so far?
Did you like my post? CLICK THIS to have my posts delivered straight to your email inbox.