Electrolux calls the attention of undergraduate and graduate industrial design students worldwide and invites them to join this year's Electrolux Design Lab. Tagged as "Intelligent Mobility," Electrolux Design Lab 2011's theme stresses the need for appliances that reflect these three concepts and trends in modern technology:
- Sensitive in meeting the needs of consumers;
- Flexible in adapting to the diverse activities of people; and,
- Empowering in giving the consumers the control to operate home systems while at home or away.
On its 9th year, Electrolux Design Lab challenges its participants to be innovative, bold, and creative in coming up with designs that will change how people prepare, store food and do their dishes, both within and beyond the home. In addition, the designs should be customizable so the customers can personalize their appliances according to their needs.
Below are last year's winning designs:
Entries must also reflect the values of Scandinavian design which are being environmentally responsible,user friendly, and visually appealing - a heritage well-kept by Electrolux. They shall be judged according to intuitive design, innovation, and consumer insight.
Global winners will receive the following prizes
- First Prize: 5,000€ (more than Php 300,000 and a paid 6-month internship at one of Electrolux Group's design centers.
- Second Prize: 3,000€ (more than Php 200,000)
- Third Prize: 2,000€ (more than Php 140,000)
Deadline of entries will be on May 11, 2011. Fore more details about the competetion, you can visit www.electroluxdesignlab.com or www.electrolux.com.ph. or call Electrolux's customer care trunk line at 845-CARE (2273) or domestic toll-free number 1-800-10-845-CARE (2273). For hints, tips, and design developments, you can like the Electrolux Design Lab page on Facebook.
Did you like my post? CLICK THIS to have my posts delivered straight to your email inbox.